Discover the Difference - WebMux Traffic Management Appliances
WebMux traffic management appliances play a critical role for mid- to enterprise-level unified communications (UC) environments by providing high-reliability and high-availability in the distribution of network traffic to their intended destinations. The role of WebMux with UC applications allows people to connect and stay connected regardless of their location for common services such as instant Messaging (IM), presence information, video conferencing, meetings or telephony services.
What is WebMux?
|WebMux is a powerful traffic management appliance for managing and directing Layers 4-7 local network traffic. Other common names for traffic management products include load balancers (LB), hardware load balancers (HLB), network load balancers (NLB), local traffic managers (LTM), and application delivery controllers (ADC). WebMux provides high-reliability and high-availability traffic to intended destinations by means of placing development emphasis on intensive algorithms that are built on the powerful 64-bit processor platform providing feature-rich performance using the best in class server-grade hardware that offers up to 16-core CPU processing power and 10 Gigabit Ethernet interface options. |
WebMux appliances are easily configured and added to a local network as a true plug-and-run appliance. With an easy graphical user interface (GUI) design setup, trouble-free high performance, low maintenance, and ongoing new feature additions and enhancements, WebMux meets the most demanding traffic load balancing needs for an extensive TCP-based range of applications and services.
WebMux is the best affordable 64-bit strength load balancing solution for managing, controlling, and securing local network traffic.
- Easy GUI setup, trouble-free high performance, and low maintenance
- Supports extensive range of TCP-based applications and services
- Powerful 64-bit processing
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet/10 GbE (A600X)
- 16-core processing power (A600X)
- Feature-rich integrated software
- Four load balancing operation modes (One-armed single network, one-armed out-of-path, two-armed NAT, two-armed transparent modes)
- Full-range load balancing scheduling methods
- Robust security (DDoS protection, Flood Control™ higher IP level protection, IPv4 to IPv6, TCP SYN protection, and up to 8184-bit TLS/SSL encryption strength)
- IPv6 to IPv4 Translations (Supports IPv6 client requests to IPv4 servers)
- Custom health check (Application services, servers, and server farms)
- Built-in SSL termination
- All models support up to 5,000 servers
- Dedicated ports for out-of-band and in-band management access (A500X, A500XD, and A600X)
- Server-grade error correcting code (ECC) memory (A500X, A500XD, and A600X)
- Solid-state drive/SSD media reliability (A500X, A500XD, and A600X)
- Hot swap dual power supply options (80 Plus Gold efficiency)
- Smart temperature controlled fans
- Self-contained (No extra hidden costs or licensing fees)
- No additional annual maintenance contract required (Includes full year product warranty, software firmware updates, and product technical support)
- 30-day money back guarantee
Founded in 1997, AVANU is a privately held network infrastructure product developer and manufacturer. AVANU’s focus is on products for IT infrastructures and data center environments, including its powerful WebMux traffic management appliance (also known as a load balancer or application delivery controller [ADC]) acquired from CAI Networks in 2012.