Edgewater Networks is a leading provider of Enterprise Session Border Controllers that connect, protect, optimize and monitor IP-based communications. Edgewater's solution ensures the secure and reliable delivery of converged voice, video and data services while providing the policy management and enforcement needed for today's collaborative communications and applications.
As enterprises and service providers increasingly deploy Session Border Controllers to manage their growing VoIP, video conferencing and other Unified Communications applications, Edgewater Networks addresses their most significant challenges to secure and reliable operations, including:
- Device and protocol interoperability
- Security and policy management
With more than 150,000 systems deployed worldwide to leading enterprises, carriers, cable operators, service providers and partners, Edgewater shipped an estimated 21% of all enterprise session border controller sessions in 2010.
Edgewater Networks Solution
Edgewater Networks provides a comprehensive solution that is comprised of three products:
- EdgeMarc Enterprise Session Border Controllers – provide a VoIP and video aware NAT/Firewall, protocol harmonization for interoperability of VoIP and video devices, active VoIP line testing, call quality monitoring, survivability, QoS and more;
- EdgeProtect Enterprise Session Border Controllers – connect remote employees to headquarters based Unified Communications (UC) systems with a TLS solution that is secure, and a passive call quality monitoring that facilitates troubleshooting;
- EdgeConnect Ethernet Switches – simplify administration and QoS for converged voice, video and data networks;
- EdgeView Support System and Reports Server – troubleshooting tools that provide visibility into VoIP network performance and ease the setup, monitoring and management of VoIP endpoints.
Edgewater Networks Technology
Edgewater Networks’ EdgeMarc product line is based on the following innovative technology:
- Adaptive Session Gateway – Reduces latency and handles complex signaling transformations. The technology is developed from Edgewater’s more than ten years of expertise in interoperability for voice and video devices;
- Session Control And Policy Manager – Recognizes real-time communications devices and applies needed policies, resulting in simplified configuration, reduced installation times and reduced operating costs;
- Traffic Management – Comprehensive QoS system that enables simplified bandwidth control on access links and the ability to support IP-based communications without being on both ends of the access link.
The Edgewater Networks solution provides broad interoperability with industry leading providers of voice and video equipment. The company’s industry-wide Plug & Dial interoperability program includes a SIP trunking certification lab with over 20 PBX models and state-of-the-art automation tools.