BC Summit 2016: November 1-3, 2016
Covering unified communications and collaboration applications, technologies, trends, and challenges, the BC Summit offers attendees the opportunity to learn actionable best practices, strategies, and tactics from leading vendors, UCC pioneers, and thought leaders. Keynotes, workshops, private focus sessions, panel and roundtable discussions, and session tracks offer attendees countless options to learn, with plenty of networking opportunities. A key goal is to accelerate the adoption of UCC and related business communication solutions.
Click here to request an application to attend BC Summit 2016 as our guest
As a unique, best-in-class event, the BC Summit serves four constituencies:
- UC&C vendors
- Solution Integrators (SIs) - AKA "Resellers" or Managed Service Providers (MSP)
- Enterprise Customers
In addition, many of the BCStrategies (formerly UCStrategies) Experts will be on hand, presenting educational sessions and interacting with attendees. This unique community of decision makers, advisors and select enterprise customers, provides a rich context for promoting and advancing your UCC revenue growth programs.
What continues to make the Summit so unique is the atmosphere it creates. Held at a beautiful resort in Palm Springs, attendees are wined and dined in a warm and collegial fashion that is ideal for making connections and developing business relationships. Given the small, intimate venue, limited number of attendees and the variety of sessions, meals, and events, it is almost impossible not to interact with every one of the quality attendees, and engage in frank, business-focused discussions that can lead to fruitful partnerships going forward.
Registration is Limited
The quality of the event is dependent in large part on the attendees. Registration for this event is very limited, and each attendee must be invited or nominated by a sponsor and/or approved by the BCStrategies staff to ensure that each representative has a level of responsibility and experience that will bring value to the event. BCStrategies extends invitations to:
- Decision makers from key Solution Integration/Reseller organizations that offer Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions to their customers and are planning to move forward into the next stages of business communications, including cloud-based communications
- End-user consultants who are vendor-independent and evaluate, purchase, and/or deploy UCC solutions
- End user customers that are evaluating and implementing UCC solutions
To request an application for an invitation, click here.
Attendee registration is covered by the Sponsors, and includes all Summit events, meals, evening receptions, and airport transfers; attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to/from Palm Springs and for their hotel rooms (at the conference discounted rate). As their registrations are being paid, all attendees will be expected to attend all keynotes and focus sessions.
If you are interested in attending as a participant (Consultant, Solutions Integrator/Reseller, or Enterprise Customer), click the "Request an Application" tab to submit an application for an invitation. If you are interesting in attending the event as a Sponsor, please email UCStrategies at email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.
Fully 85% of the solutions integrators and 78% of the consultants who attended the 2015 Summit rated it "Outstanding" while the rest rated it "Above Average;" 100% of the consultants said they would recommend it to others.
Some 70% of the solutions integrators and 66% of the consultants said they expected their UC-related revenues to increase as a result of attending the BC Summit 2015.
For Solutions Integrators:
- Special Sessions
- How cloud will impact the channel
- Preliminary results from the 2016
- BCStrategies Channel Survey
- The transition from a reseller to a solutions integrator
- High-Value UCC Apps to Drive SI Growth and Profits
- Explore new opportunities with insights and analysis from the BCStrategies thought leaders
- Prepare for the future by learning about the latest industry trends and new business models that will help you evolve your business
- Network with fellow attendees in an exclusive club-like atmosphere where everyone is approachable and happy to share their thoughts and experiences
- Build relationships that extend your company's own expertise and geographic footprint, leading to incremental business opportunities
- Strengthen your company's position as a valued partner with current and new vendors
- Discuss your needs and those of your customers with well-placed vendor representatives
For Enterprise Customers and Consultants:
- Learn from other enterprise customers
- Attend major vendor keynote addresses presented by their end user customers
- Join other enterprise customers and consultants in sponsor-led focus sessions
- Explore new opportunities with insights and analysis from the thought leaders at BCStrategies
- Discover new solutions that can give your business a competitive edge
- Find ways to help increase employee productivity
- Learn about industry trends, vendor differentiation, and more
- Meet vendor executives
- Discover Solutions Integrators that can help you move forward with your UC&C strategy and deployment
Networking Opportunities Abound
All attendees will build new relationships and network with fellow attendees in an exclusive club-like atmosphere where everyone is approachable and happy to share their thoughts and experiences.
Between the beauty of the location and the quality of the attendees, the BC Summit will get you in touch with the leading-edge thought leaders in every area of the UC&C space, give you the opportunity to network with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and build business relationships that can pay off in increased sales and market penetration.
BC Summit Background
The BC Summit was first launched in 2008 as a vehicle to help educate channel partners and consultants on the rapidly evolving field of unified communications. Enterprise customers were added to the mix in 2015. From 2009 to 2015 the event was hosted at the Estancia Hotel and Spa in La Jolla, CA, but the growth in attendance caused us to move to the La Quinta Resort and Club in Palm Springs for 2016.
With a program that was assembled by some of the leading thinkers in the UC space, the Summit was the first place most attendees heard about:
- The expanding focus that changed UC into unified communications and collaboration (UC&C)
- The inclusion of social business in UC&C that led to social collaboration platforms like Cisco Spark, Circuit by Unify, Mitel MiCollab or Interactive Intelligence’s PureCloud Collaborate
- The important shift to the cloud and the realignment required by SIs to move from a CapEx to an OpEx model.
- The growing importance of WebRTC and its impact on the UC&C market
- The move to SDN and the development of UC SDN which will allow UC&C controllers to communicate directly with SDN-based networks
- The importance of analytics to understand the adoption and use of UC in organizations
- The partnerships between Apple and Cisco and Apple and Microsoft that brought about the first truly native mobile UC experience on iOS devices.
To provide the richest and most engaging program, BCStrategies has organized the conference program with a number of different session types:
- Keynotes/Vision Statements: Diamond and Platinum sponsors will each give a keynote presentation or “vision statement” dealing with how they see a particular area of UC&C evolving.
- General Sessions: There are several types of different general sessions where the entire audience will be in attendance including:
- BCStrategies General Sessions: Here members of the BCStrategies team discuss the state of the UC industry, major trends, developments and challenges.
- Success Stories: Each Gold sponsor will present a 6-minute Success Story that details a recent implementation of their product or service. These Success Stories will include lessons learned, the challenges they faced and how they were overcome.
- Innovators’ Roundtable: This is a session where we feature what the BC Experts judge to be some of the more creative and leading-edge products, technologies and applications. Those vendors will get to present some of their most creative products or projects so attendees can get a better picture of where the UC&C market is going.
- Elevator Pitch Videos: Silver sponsors will get to present a short (90-second) video pitch about their company. The videos will be shown before the dinner reception on Tuesday night.
- Focus Sessions: Focus sessions are a key opportunity to learn more about a company, its solutions, its channel program and more. These 45-minute presentations/discussions are held with smaller (typically 8 to 20) groups of consultants, solutions integrators, or enterprise customers
- Track Sessions: For a two-hour stretch on Thursday, we will divide the attendees into three tracks with sessions running concurrently and targeted for each of the three groups.
One of the major objectives of the BC Summit is to develop relationships that grow into successful business partnerships. To that end, a number of social events are planned:
- Tuesday Morning Golf Tournament: Prior to the opening of the Summit, there will be a golf scramble at the hotel starting at 8:00 AM; awards will be presented Tuesday evening during the opening session. The golf tournament will be held at the TPC Stadium Course, home to the CareerBuilder Challenge. This Pete Dye-designed par-72 jewel is ranked a “must play” for those seeking the ultimate golf challenge. The course is a favorite among touring professionals, and is ranked among the best by Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, and Golfweek. The infamous 17th tee, known as “Alcatraz” was inspired by the 17th island green at TPC Sawgrass, and has been named one of the best Par 3 holes in Southern California by the Southern California Golf Association's FORE Magazine.
- Tuesday Morning Tennis Tournament: For tennis buffs, there will be a tennis scramble at the hotel starting at 8:00 AM with awards to be presented Tuesday evening during the opening session. The La Quinta Resort Tennis Club has been voted one of the top tennis resorts in the world, and it attracts a veritable Who’s Who of celebrities and pros from Novak Djokovic to Maria Sharapova. World renowned tennis pro Charlie Pasarell and his team helped the resort gain national attention by staging the high-profile BNP Paribas Open professional tournament.
- Tuesday Night Reception: There will be a Welcome Reception with food and drinks Tuesday evening in the Solutions Hall after the opening sessions.
- Wednesday Night Reception: There will be a special reception in the Solutions Hall before dinner on Wednesday’
- Meals: Each day we will have three delicious meals providing time to meet and interact with attendees.
- Vendor Hospitality Suites: A number of the vendors will be hosting hospitality suites before or after dinner each evening where they can engage with SIs, consultants and enterprise customers for more detailed discussions.
Each vendor will have a booth in the Solutions Hall where they will have the opportunity to demonstrate their products and discuss their potential applications with the attendees. The Tuesday evening Welcome Reception, as well as breakfast on Wednesday and Thursday, and the pre-dinner reception on Wednesday will take place in the Solutions Hall, providing considerable time to interact with sponsors and other attendees.
The La Quinta Resort & Club, a member of Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts, is a renowned desert destination and one of the premier Palm Springs resorts. Set on 45 lush acres of vibrantly-colored gardens and pathways, this luxury Palm Springs hotel will capture your spirit and transport you to a peaceful getaway. An original desert hideaway at the foot of the spectacular Santa Rosa Mountains, La Quinta Resort & Club has been the personal refuge for Hollywood luminaries and world travelers (and their pets) since 1926. While you could easily spend a week lounging in the sun beside one of 41 pools that sit just steps from your guestroom door, the lush 45-acre resort offers so much more. This golf resort in Palm Springs invites you to challenge golf’s legends on five championship courses, indulge in a rejuvenating afternoon at Spa La Quinta, savor creations of top chefs in one of seven restaurants, shop, play tennis, or simply relish the luxury of doing nothing at all. Read more here.