Companies choose Polycom for solutions that allow their geographically dispersed workforces to communicate and collaborate more effectively and productively over distances. Using Polycom telepresence, video, and voice solutions and services, people connect and collaborate from their desktops, meeting rooms, class rooms, and mobile settings. Working with Polycom standards-based solutions, our customers cut the time, cost, and carbon emissions associated with gathering the right people in one place to solve problems. Instead, their teams more easily and quickly collaborate "face-to-face" wherever they are, better spending their resources, time, and energy addressing business and organizational challenges.
Polycom is the only company today delivering end-to-end, rich media collaborative applications for voice, video, data and the Web from desktop and mobile personal systems to room systems to the network core. Delivering business value by cutting costs, simplifying system management, and fostering real-time collaboration, When your workforce can be more efficient and productive, make better decisions more quickly, and enjoy enhanced relationships and greater job satisfaction—your organization can be more agile, innovative and globally competitive.
Polycom provides the most life-like experience for communication and remote meetings from anywhere to anywhere, instantly. Today, we are the sole provider of integrated, end-to-end unified collaboration solutions that help organizations meet both productivity and cost containment challenges.
By leveraging our leadership in all aspects of a face-to-face meeting that include hearing each other (audio), seeing each other (immersive telepresence and video) and showing each other things (content), Polycom makes meeting over distance just as productive as being there. We enable rapid and collaborative decision-making, we shorten chains of communication over distance, and we continuously enable innovative products and services. Polycom solutions have become critical to companies and organizations trying to win in today's increasingly competitive world.
As the market leader in unified collaboration solutions, Polycom leverages the growing organizational demand for collaboration. We have over 600 patents either issued or pending approval and over 15 million lines of active code across our product portfolio. Last year we delivered our vision for collaboration with best-of-breed Voice over IP and Video over IP products. Recently we raised the bar yet again, by becoming the only provider of the an ultimate high definition solution, Polycom UltimateHD™ technology.
» Corporate Overview
- March 2007 - SpectraLink and KIRK telecom A/S (workplace wireless telephony)
- January 2007 - Destiny Conferencing (immersive telepresence)
- August 2005 - DST Media (China-based video networking company)
- January 2004 - Voyant Technologies (voice conferencing and collaboration network solutions)
- January 2003 - VCAS software from AGT (video scheduling and management software)
- June 2002 - MeetU (web Web collaboration software)
- December 2001 - ASPI Digital (installed-room voice systems)
- October 2001 - PictureTel (PC-based video communications systems)
- April 2001 - Circa Communications (IP telephony products)
- February 2001 - Accord Networks (network infrastructure systems)
- January 1998 - ViaVideo (appliance-based video communications systems)
- Market leader in video conferencing systems – Polycom HDX™ (high definition), Polycom VSX® (conference room and executive desktop systems), Polycom PVX™ (desktop software application)
- Market leader in tabletop conference phones – Polycom SoundStation2®, Polycom SoundStation2W® (wireless), Polycom SoundStation VTX 1000® (wideband - 7kHz)
- Market leader in video management systems – Polycom Global Management System™, Polycom RSS™ 2000 (record/stream), Polycom ReadiManager™ (scheduling and management)
- Market leader in voice and video network infrastructure systems – Polycom MGC™ and Polycom RMX 2000™ (unified conferencing), Polycom ReadiVoice® (voice conferencing)
- Market leader in wired and wireless VoIP phones -phones – Polycom SoundPoint® IP (desktop phones); Polycom SoundStation® IP (conference phones); Polycom SpectraLink, Polycom KIRK (wireless handsets - circuithandsets – circuit-switched and IP); Polycom Communicator™ (personal USB speakerphones)